[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 20 most recent journal entries recorded in
[ << Previous 20 ]
[ << Previous 20 ]
|Wednesday, December 19th, 2007|
Funny how I always tend to expand abbreviations in casual speech.
Exempli gratia, id est, et cetera.
|Wednesday, October 31st, 2007|
|Friday, June 15th, 2007|
|No posts for the yig.
So, whatever it was she said, layah
got me reading my entire journal. Lots of good memories there. Even the bad ones I remember fondly. I need to post more often so I can reread it.
- Have an /awesome/ job in computational linguistics
- Going out with layah
- Started my very own Israeli Dance Session
- Been switching between laptops, as I haven't been particularly happy with any of them. So far I've had an HP which was perfect but broke, the same one fixed but then broke again, a new HP with Vista (which I would strongly disrecommend), and now a Toshiba which I formatted and installed Ubuntu on (but still has issues with the sound card and I don't like the keyboard layout). Going to return this one in a couple of days and be without a computer while I'm gone
- Going to Europe. Work is sending me ACL in Prague, and then I'm going to take two weeks traveling on my own through Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Luzern, and Zurich.
- Probably other stuff, but I'll post it when I remember it
Until next time... Current Mood: calm
|Wednesday, May 9th, 2007|
|Thursday, April 19th, 2007|
|Posted using LJ Talk...
Hurray for posting through gaim! On Linux.
|Friday, March 30th, 2007|
got a boyfriend!
|Sunday, October 22nd, 2006|
Because in the end of the day, a body is just a body. Current Mood: contemplative
|Wednesday, September 27th, 2006|
Alright, it's time for a poll.
Do I look better with or without facial hair? It's up to you whether I keep it or shave it.
|Tuesday, June 27th, 2006|
Longing for Ludmilla.... Current Mood: searching for you
|Sunday, June 11th, 2006|
|Tuesday, April 25th, 2006|
Taken from the journal of debka_notion
1) 'Why am I on your friends' list?
Comment, then post this in your journal and see what people say about you.
2) If you comment...
1. I'll respond with something random I like about you.
2. I'll tell you what song/movie reminds me of you.
3. I'll name something we should do together.
4. I'll say something that only makes sense to you and me (or just me).
5. I'll tell you my first/clearest memory of you.
6. I'll leave you a quote that is somehow appropriate to you.
7. I'll ask you something that I've always wondered about you.
8. If I do this for you, you must post this on your journal so you can do the same for other people. Current Mood: tired
|Wednesday, March 22nd, 2006|
One could run up large amounts of time running away with all of the various runs of meanings of the word "run" and still not run out or run into the same meaning twice, even when just using the run of the mill meanings. Current Mood: RUNNING
|Monday, March 20th, 2006|
|What could have been...
I wonder how things would be different, which girls I would have ended up with, if I had not been too shy and low in self confidence... Current Mood: nostalgic
|Monday, February 27th, 2006|
|Wednesday, February 22nd, 2006|
|Tuesday, February 21st, 2006|
|Thursday, February 16th, 2006|
|Wednesday, February 15th, 2006|
|Adventures in Cooking (and other life udpates)
So, this weekend, when I was in Albany, CA visiting Eliana, we bought this AWESOME vegetable that apparently has 0 hits when searched for on Google. Tagu Choy. Sort of like Boy Choy, but smaller.
So we used this amazing ingredient in both a great stirfry and in eggs.
It worked pretty much like Spinach, but a slightly different texture and a different taste.
And then I tried today to find it again, but couldn't. I experimented with "firm tofu" rather than the pre-marinaded (which is better, less preparation, and cheaper). It turned out okay, but I won't change unless I end up somewhere with no 99 Ranch.
Okay. I don't know what I'm saying. The end. Current Mood: accomplished
|Monday, January 16th, 2006|
Turn on your ipod or itunes or song player whatever, and put it on shuffle/random. put down the first answer to the question and don't skip over one just because you don't like the answer. (Except I used Israeli Dances only, and skipped untranslatable song titles, and put the translations of the translatable ones in parens)
1) What do you think of me, iTunes?
Ahavat HaChayalim (Love of the Soldiers)
2) Will I have a happy life?
Ani Ektof Lach (I will pick out for you)
3) What do my friends really think of me?
4) Do people secretly lust after me?
Shir Shel Yom Chulin (Song for a Weekday)
5) How can I make myself happy?
Sipur Machur (Fantasy Story)
6) What should I do with my life?
7) Why must life be so full of pain?
Gever Mishtagea (Man Going Crazy)
8) Will I ever have children?
Beosher Ubeoni (In Richness and in Poverty)
9) Will I die happy?
Kmo Sheat (As you are)
10) Can you give me some advice?
Zer Kalaniot (Wreath of Anemones)
11) What do you think happiness is?
Al Teshate BeAhava (Don't fool with love)
12) What's my favourite fetish?
Hakol Patuach (Everything is open)
13) How will I be remembered?
Think Current Mood: something or the other
|Tuesday, December 6th, 2005|
|Dear Santa (aka Chanuka Fairy)...|
Dear Chanuka Fairy,
This year I've been busy!
In September I gave bamboobabe a kidney (1000 points). In April I pulled over and changed faylnncortez's flat tire (15 points). In January I stole unlistedtrack's purse (-30 points). In June antarcticabound and I donated clothes to the needy (11 points). Last Thursday I bought porn for estelahe (-10 points).
Overall, I've been nice (986 points). For Christmas I deserve a shiny red ball!